OE PowerTool functions are:
Fixing Outlook Express bugs
- Malformed attachments filtering - fixes the problem with "begin "
- Adding signatures, which may be randomly loaded from files. This function is needed, if we haven't installed at least Q331923. Without this patch OE inserts signatures with incorrect delimiter. ("--" instead of "-- ")
- Filtering particular characters which may cause old OE versions to hang.
- References header stripping
- Moving signature and cursor under quoted text (bottom posting).
- Quotations wrapping fixing
- Adding quotation marks in quoted-printable messages
- Attachment path bug fixing
- Resetting compaction count when compaction is launched manually
- Allowing displaying multipart/signed messages
- Changing standard quote headers to custom ones.
- Signatures stripping in quoted text.
- Text formatting
- Vertical quotation compression
- Horizontal quotation compression
- Disabling preview of graphical images
- Removing formatting and reformatting of whole or part of a message
- Fast switching between formatting styles
- Support for top posting and bottom posting
- Coloring and setting background images for plain text messages and messages list
- Changing start page
- OE's splash screen disabling
- Displaying Winamp window title as OE's window caption.
- OE's window caption changing
- Modifying X-Newsreader, X-MimeOLE and X-Mailer headers and creating new ones (eg. CC, BCC).
- Minimizing Outlook Express to tray icon
- Additional shortcuts for OE
- Automatical clicking Yes button in certificates window
- Warning about overwriting mode in edit window.
- Automatically logging off an identity when closing OE.
- Disabling accounts control for all users.
- Disabling saving unsafe attachments for all users.
- Inserting fully qualified domain name (FQDN) after EHLO command.
- Automatical maximization of message windows.
- Automatical sending copies of e-mail (CC) to given address.
Outlook Express' main window
Message edit window
OE PowerTool 4.5.1 (1,87 MB) Any suggestions, questions and problems please e-mail to email@example.com.